We are seeking contributions to a very special zine, Audacity, which is being put together in this tumbledown world of ours.
The topic for the fifth edition is ABILITY.
We are looking for writings of up to 500 words, photographs which speak volumes, and art which shouts a thousand words at a time. Our submissions deadline is April the 30th, so there isn’t long to get your creative on.
With this edition we are asking only for submissions for those creatives who are disabled or with disabilities, people dealing with chronic illness, visible or not, people who are neurodivergent or anyone who has been questioned in their ability to achieve self actualisation.
Submissions to be made to: Cynefinroad@gmail.com
Audacity may well be a zine, and completely pro-bono, but it will be freely distributed across the world in electronic form. Call it a showcase, call it an anthology, call it a collection. Call it what you may, we’re going to take this inspiration, this creativity, this love, and we’re going to add a little magic and set it free on the winds. Where it belongs.
Audacity is a curated Zine produced by Cynefin Road for free distribution worldwide.
In this darkening world of ours, please read and share our second edition, Truth.
Audacity Magazine #2
We are delighted to be opening for submissions between the 1st and 20th of October 2016.
Unsolicited and unrepresented authors are most welcome and we will consider all genres and work aimed at all ages. We are looking to take on ten titles for release over the next twelve months.
Please follow the submission guidelines below.
- At the time of submission your work must be complete to at least First Draft and previously unpublished.
- In the first instance please send a detailed covering letter which tells us why you write, where life’s journey has taken you so far and where you want to be. Previous work should be summarised briefly, including any publication details. If you are active on social networks tell us about it and where to find you. We are looking for people we can invest in personally, people with a real personality and a story to tell.
- Please attach a one page, 500 word synopsis of the work you are submitting, including the title, word count, current completion status (no less than above), and pop in a two line elevator pitch before the synopsis. (Don’t sweat this, we know synopsis writing is an awful experience, but try to reflect the style of your work).
- The covering letter should be in the body of the email and the attachment should be in .doc, .odt, or .pdf format.
- If your work is illustrated, please also attach no more than two sample images of your artwork in .jpg format.
- Submissions must be recieved between the 1st and 20th of October 2016 by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
You’ll notice that, in the first instance, we are not looking for samples of the work itself. Once your submission is in and the closing date arrives, we anticipate it will take around four weeks to select the authors and works best suited to us. At this stage full maunscripts will be requested for a final assessment with an interim offer and draft contract issued where appropriate.
Please do not expect template style rejections, we aim to provide productive feedback to all writers who approach us, because we know how tough the industry can be and want to change things for the better.
We look forward to getting started, good luck!